International School San José
Location: Marbella and Estepona, Málaga. Andalucía.
Age: 3 – 18 years old.
Student’s residence: Day school.
- Infant Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) and Sixth Form Bachillerato (Sciences / humanities and Social Sciences).
- Official Music School: Elementary Teaching and Basic Music Teaching, with twelve symphonic specialities (guitar, viola, violin, cello, piano, percussion, clarinet, flute, saxophone, trombone, trumpet and tuba); along with official International Music Certification which relate to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) through Trinity Music, Trinity College London.
Language of instruction: English and Spanish in Infant and Primary Education. Spanish in Secondary School (ESO) and Bachillerato.
Other languages: French and German. Latin in Secondary School and Bachillerato. In Secondary School and Bachillerato the first foreign language is English and is separated into three levels of refinement within each school year.
The Centre is recognised as an official Cambridge English School, using Cambridge English exams and materials. The School is affiliated with a Platinum Examination Centre.
Preparation every academic year for Trinity and Cambridge Examinations.
Language Immersion programs in Ireland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Preparation for the DELF exams from the Alliance française and the Goëthe-Institut.
Extracurricular activities: Theatre workshop, Karate, Fencing, Choir singing, The Pop-rock band, Piano, Clarinet, Violin, Guitar, Classic Spanish dancing, Classic Ballet dancing, Robotics.
Sports: Swimming, Football (soccer), Basketball, Handball and indoor Football, Volleyball, Athletics, Tennis, Padel, Badminton, Ball games, Rock climbing, Psychomotricity, exercises, games and sports initiation, Chess, Cycling, Alpine Skiing and Sailing, golf and horse riding in the summer school courses.
Summer / Holiday camps:
- Infant courses that mix learning, sports and fun with English, theatre, crafts and swimming.
- Multi activities with a big variety to choose from: rock climbing on the climbing walls, cycling, day trips, beach games, sports, adventures, etc…
- English and Sports.
- Themed summer camps in the outdoors: Cherokee Camp.
- Educational support and reinforcement.
- Crash courses in Spanish for foreigners (ELE).
- English courses in England.
- School Language Immersion Programs in Ireland.
- The Royal Andalusian Football Federation Camp: sports practice, English and healthy eating habits.
Colegio San José, whose origins date back to 1823, contributes to the formation of moral, intelligent and sociably well-educated people in a disciplined but free environment of mutual respect and discussion.
The Mission, Vision and Values, based on the School’s ideology, aid us to enhance academic excellence through personal guidance, allowing each student to develop their own learning strategies.
Teamwork, a concern for culture, curiosity for knowledge, critical thinking and an international mentality form our main identity.
Academic education and teaching values are linked through the complementary curriculum. Respect, personal growth, companionship, coexistence and teamwork are values that are built up through a series of sports, artistic and cultural activities that also include caring for the environment and social commitments to a globalized society with which they have to interact.
Colegio San José forms part of the IB World, and as such is dedicated to the development of educated young people with a thirst for knowledge who will be prepared to successfully face their futures and contribute to making the World a more harmonious and peaceful place.