SEK International School Alborán
Location: El Ejido, Almería. Andalucía.
Age: 0 – 18 years old.
Student’s residence: Day school.
Curriculum: Spanish curriculum (bilingual in English) and International Baccalaureate.
Language of instruction: English and Spanish.
Other languages: French and German.
- Art schools: school choir, choir, piano, music and movement, theatre, dance, painting workshop.
- Language school: English, German, French, Russian and Italian
- Sports academies: Football, basketball, volleyball, swimming, taekwondo, triathlon.
- Study Club and Academic Support Directed study, Speech therapy.
- School of public speaking: oratory and debate, TED-ED Club, communication and press.
- New technologies: robotics
Sports: Swimming, Basketball, Football (soccer), Gym, Volleyball, Taekwondo, Triatlon.
Summer / Holiday camps: Yes.
SEK International School Alborán, founded in 1999, is part of SEK Education Group, with over 125 years’ teaching experience and 9 schools around the world.
It is the only school in Almería authorised to teach International Baccalaureate® programmes from 3 to 18 years of age, integrated with the national curriculum.
Students receive a bilingual education and learn to live with children from other cultures from an early age.
SEK Alboran, located in the Almerimar residential estate, adjacent to Punta Entinas natural park and facing the sea, has an area of 28,000 m2 including individual buildings suitable for each educational stage. These spaces ensure an optimal learning environment, fostering the central role of students in their own education: they discover for themselves, inquire, experimentand acquire knowledge through the expert mediation of teachers.
The school has spacious and fully-equipped sports facilities, including heated pool, and the most advanced technology at the service of students’ learning.