SEK International School El Castillo
Location: Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid
Age: 3 months – 18 years.
Student’s residence: Boarding and day.
Curriculum: Spanish (English Bilingual) and International Baccalaureate.
Language of instruction: English and Spanish.
Other languages: French and German.
- Artistic schools of photography, music, cooking, magic, dance, circus, classical or funky dance and Mandarin Chinese.
- Master School of Digital Technology: programming, robotics, 3D printing, digital creativity.
- Sports Schools: Football, chess, basketball, volleyball, handball, swimming, taekwondo, female self-protection, skating, zumba, rhythmic gymnastics, hockey and yoga.
- UCJC Sports Club: Tennis, mini tennis, paddle tennis, mini paddle tennis, golf, horse riding, personal training.
- Language school: reinforcement and conversation of English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Orientation and Academic Reinforcement Schools: Speech Therapy, Star Program and Children’s Club.
Sports: Swimming, Basketball, Soccer, Skating, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Paddle, Classical Dance, Tennis, Volleyball, Handball, Taekwondo, Hockey, Yoga, Golf, Horseriding.
Summer/Holiday Camps: Yes.
SEK International School El Castillo, founded in 1972, is part of the SEK Educational Institution, with more than 125 years of teaching trajectory and 9 schools in the world.
Pioneer in Spain on teaching 3 programmes of the International Baccalaureate Organization® since 1977, it incorporates them into the national curricular framework. It is also accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) in recognition of the quality of its international programmes.
It offers its students between ages from 14 to 18, the opportunity to take part in the prestigious Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, a complete programme focused on the development and training of skills such as leadership, audacity, autonomy, problem solving and teamwork.
Teaching is based on experience. Students participate in a vibrant, inclusive community, facing challenges and generating solutions through collaboration.
The school also maintains relationships with Real Madrid and other sports entities and federations, which led to the creation of SEK International Sports Academy, a unique and innovative programme in Spain, made for elite athletes to help them realise their full potential.